The first big storms of the year have come and gone. In their wake they left enough snow for us to slide on which in turn has driven your pre-season stoke to all-time highs.
We get it. We’re skiers. We want nothing more than to make turns as well. We just want everyone to keep in mind that it is pre-season and we are in the process of preparing Alta for Opening Day on Nov. 22.
That being said, here are a few guidelines to keep in mind:
- You should expect snowcats, snowmobiles, snowmoving and snowmaking activities 24 hours a day.
- IF conditions allow, we will leave uphill access open UNTIL we get closer to final preparation time.
- There will be times when we close the mountain, or certain sections of the mountain, for specific activities such as avalanche control work or grooming. Please check our normal communication links for current information – www.alta.com.
- NO hazards are marked so slide carefully. Remember, there’s still six months of winter ahead of us. You don’t want to end your winter before it starts.
- Expect NO rescue help. Be prepared to take care of yourself or members of your group if any injuries or avalanches occur.
Safe sliding, skiers! Looking forward to seeing you all for Opening Day on Friday, Nov. 22.
Filed under: Alta Department Report, News, Something New At Alta | Tags: Alta, Alta Ski Area, Alta Ski Resort, Backcountry skiing, Pre Season, Ski, Skiing, snow, Snowbird | No Comments »