Still searching for that perfect gift this holiday season? Let the people who love Alta be your inspiration. The Alta Athlete & Photographer team is packed with some of the best and most creative people in the ski industry. Here is a sneak peek at what they recommended getting your loved ones for Christmas.
- Jamey Parks- Salomon Quest Max 130 Alpine Touring Boot - This boot means business just like you do when you’re in the backcountry. You like to climb high and get the goods but that doesn’t mean you’re a pushover on the downhill.
- Julian Carr - GoPro HERO3+ Black Edition- Adventure – GoPro reduced the size of the camera by 20% in comparison to the old HERO3, and the camera weight was by 25%. In fact, the HERO3+ tips the scales at around 2.08 ounces.
- Kalen Thorien – Discrete Newton – As Kalen said, “Fresh to death, son.”
- Thayne Rich - 4FRNT-Devastator - The deep powder hound Renegade and big mountain devouring HOJI have a cousin. A ski that handles similarly to the Renegade and HOJI, but in a more all-mountain configuration and with a women’s specific model.
- Sierra Quitiquit- Oakley Crowbar Snow Goggles -Crowbar Snow is the first Oakley ski goggle with struts to balance and distribute frame pressure for all-day comfort.
- Price Fougler - LINE Ski Day 110 - The 110 combines all of your favorite freeride skis in one and then some with a light, nimble and intuitive feel that goes from powder to packed and back like there’s nothing on your feet.
- Max Kuszaj - FIVE TEN Freerider VXi Element - This all-mountain shoe has a DWR treated synthetic upper that beads and repels water like a duck. Inside is a PUR foam insulation that wicks sweat but adds that touch of warmth needed to fight freezing temps.
- Tyler Peterson - POC Fornix Backcountry MIPS - A lightweight, aramid reinforced and well-ventilated helmet, equipped with the patented MIPS system to reduce the rotational forces to the brain in the case of an oblique impact.
- Brant Moles - Soul Poles- Bamboo Ski Poles - Eco friendly poles handmade if Park City, UT. Soul Poles combines sustainable design with uncompromising performance and original style for the environmentally friendly skier in your life!
- Kevin Winzeler - CLIK ELITE-2014 Contrejour 40 - The Contrejour is an uncompromising camera case wrapped in a full-featured backcountry ski and climbing pack.
- Hannah Whitney - Pin Stripped Suspenders with Alta Logos - Unique Alta suspenders with adjustable straps to fit all sizes!
- Lee Cohen – Alta Magic - A collection of photos and words offering an insider look into one of the most beloved ski areas in the world. A must have!
- Adam Barker - Arc’Teryx Sidewinder SV Jacket- Super tough waterproof hardshell. When Arc’Teryx says it’s their “most durable snowsports specific waterproof shell” you know it’s going to be good.
Hopefully you’ve all been good this year so that you can spend the 2014 season enjoying the new toys you find under the tree. Happy shopping. happy skiing.
Filed under: News, Something New At Alta | Tags: 4frnt, Adam Barker, Alta, Alta Ski Area, Alta Ski Resort, Arc'Teryx, Christmas, Christmas gifts, Discrete, Discrete Headwear, GoPro, Hero3, Julian Carr, Lee Cohen, LINE Skis, Salomon, Sierra Quitquit, Ski, Ski Utah, Skiing, Wish List | No Comments »