ALTA CARD/PASS RELOADING INFORMATION
Alta's tickets and passes, called Alta Cards or Alta Passes, are loaded on plastic cards with a Radio Frequency ID(RFID) chip inside. Once loaded with a valid ticket/pass, the Alta Card/Pass opens the gates at the bottom of each lift as the skier passes through. If the ticket has been used or is expired, the RFID chip can be turned on again or reloaded with another valid ticket/pass.
- Save money with Reload Rewards on daily tickets
- Reloads are available online at alta.com
- Reloads are "Direct-To-Lift," allowing you to avoid the extra stop and lines at the ticket office
After an Alta Card/Pass is reloaded, the information is sent to the gates. When the Alta Card/Pass arrives at the gates, the the reload is activated. FYI, have the Alta Card/Pass in a pocket by itself and allow a little extra time for the gates to activate your Alta Card/Pass you first time through.
Alta Cards/Passes have a web id on the bottom of the pass. (See example.) With this web id, follow these easy steps:
- Have your Alta Card/Pass in hand. Go to www.alta.com and choose a ticket or pass.
- Select reload when choosing a ticket or pass.
- Enter the web id from your Alta Card/Pass. *See restrictions below.
- Proceed through the checkout.
- Once you receive a confirmation, your Alta Card/Pass is reloaded.
- Come skiing! Don't forget your Alta Card/Pass. The first time at the gates, allow a little extra time for the gates to activate your reload. Have the Alta Card/Pass in a pocket by itself.
The order in which products are reloaded is the order in which they must be skied. For example, if three tickets are reloaded on one Alta Card (1st PM Area Pass reload, 2nd All Area Pass reload, 3rd All Area Pass reload) then the PM Area Pass reload must be skied/activated before the All Area Pass will activate.
New photos for season passes are not available when reloading. If reloading children's passes and the child no longer looks like photo on pass being reloaded, or has grown significantly, please purchase a new pass instead of reloading. Alta Cards/Passes can only be reloaded if the skier is not changing pass types or age groups. Examples:
- Adult Area Day Pass to Adult Area Day Pass
- Adult Area Day Pass to Adult Beginner Area Day Pass
- Child Area Day Pass to Child Area Day Pass
- Adult Season Pass to Adult Season Pass
- Teen Season Pass to Teen Season Pass
- Alta Gold Card to Alta Card - Gold Level
- Adult Area Day Pass to Child Area Day Pass
- Child Area Day Pass to Adult Area Day Pass
- Adult Season Pass to College Season Pass
- Youth 7-12 Season Pass to Teen Season Pass