For teens age 13-17. This camp is designed to bring teen skiers together to explore the expert terrain of Alta and its awesome snow conditions. This camp will run continuously during the holidays. Skiers are not required to commit to a specific number of days. Each day of the camp will include coaching that helps skiers challenge Alta's most adventurous terrain. Skiers will be with the coaches from 9:30am to 3:45pm.
December 27, 2013 - January 2, 2014
February 15 - 21, 2014
Check-in is 8:30 - 9:15 am, pick-up is 3:45 - 4:30 pm
Lunch is included
Lift tickets sold separately. (Adult lift ticket is required for teens 13 and older.)
- 1:8 group ratios
- Guided skiing and coaching on all of Alta's appropriate terrain
- Freeride skiing tactics and techniques
- Daily video of freeride skiing
- Indoor video assessment
- Reading the terrain and conditions for ideal line selection
- Skiing an entire line without interruptions
- Learning how to use your skis in different snow types
- How to use turn shape to attack the hill, yet maintain speed control
Registration: Sign-up between 8:30 - 9:15 am in the Ski Adventure Center.
Develop and refine your skills for all-mountain skiing. Participants in this camp should consider themselves as young athletes and the Alf Engen Ski School is here to help you reach your peak performance. The coaches can't wait for you to feel the stoke that comes from achieving a new level of skiing on the planet's best terrain. Please come join us this winter! Skiers are encouraged to sign-up early upon their arrival in Alta.