- The Alta Town Race Series courses will be set to challenge the more experienced racers, as well as being easy to understand and ski for the less experienced. Our goal on the race crew is to see everyone finish.
- Open to anyone 18 years of age or older, who wishes to participate.
- Located at the Sunnyside Race Arena.
- Race hours are 9:30 am - 1:00 pm.
- Race days are Tuesdays starting January 15th through April 2nd, with the exception being no Town Series racing on Tuesday February 19th.
- There are two scheduled open dates. Any postponed event will be made up on the first available open date.
- During inclement weather, or if you suspect postponement, call the racing hotline at 801-799-2278 or 801-743-3333 (ext. 278) in the Town of Alta after 8:00 am. (Please do not call The Ski School Office)
- By entering you are entitled to: Eight Town Series Races. Gate training every race day (excluding special events). Free racing during all recreational races. End of series awards ceremony and party with valuable prizes - time and place TBA.
- You may race as an individual or on a team.
- Due to work commitments of most participants the races are one run only.
- Teams consist of up to 6 people from any league, at least one must be female. For example: A team may consist of 2 Alpine B racers, 2 Tele A racers, 1 Alpine A racer and 1 Tele B racer, etc.
- At the end of the series, awards will be presented to the top three individuals in their league, and to the top three teams. The best five out of six races determine the final rankings (ie the lowest score will be dropped for both teams and individuals).
Alpine or Telemark
A league - experienced racers and serious competitors
B league - racing for fun, for skiers with little or no racing experience
The Telemark divisions will be combined unless the number of entrants warrant having A & B leagues.
Rules and Regulations:
- In the event of a ruling inquiry the race crew will adhere to USSA rules. These rules are available from the race crew.
- Start order: Tele Women, Tele Men, B league Women, A league Women, B league Men, A league Men
- If you sign up for Telemark you will be expected to make a Tele turn ( ie. You must drop your knee)
- Absolutely no temporary substitutions are allowed. Permanent substitutions require prior race committee approval.
- Losing a ski more than two gates above the finish is a DQ.
- Straddling or missing a gate is a DQ. You are encouraged to correct these mistakes by hiking back up to make the gate, as your team may need your points.
- Since a female time is required for a team score it is in the teams best interest to have more than one female.
- We do not use race bibs. You will be assigned a number at the first race. Please remember your number to help simplify time keeping and scoring.
Points will be awarded according to the World Cup point schedule:
1st place - 50 points
2nd place - 45 points
3rd place - 40 points
4th place - 38 points
5th place - 36 points
6th place - 34 points
7th place - 32 points
8th place - 30 points
9th place - 29 points
The rest of the field descends in one point increments. Everyone who finishes below 36th place will be awarded one point for finishing
Team scores are determined by the top three individual point results from a team (at least one result must be a female)
Results may be found by 5 pm on the results page
of alta.com or limited quantities of printed versions can be picked up at the Albion Ski School Office and Alta Main Office.
- The cost is $100 per racer. We suggest you try to solicit some of the sponsorship from your place of employment. (Alta Ski Lifts pays half the cost for its Employees)
- You may not race prior to registration and payment of fees.
- You may join at any time, however you must still pay the full price.
- Please bring your completed entry form, including signed waiver and entry fee, to the Albion Ski School office. Additional entry forms are available at the Albion Ski School office.
If you should have questions or comments: Please leave a message for Coleman Motley on the Racing Hotline at 801-799-2278 or 801-742-3333 (ext. 278) in the town of Alta.