Solar Panel Facts and Figures
This fall we were excited to work with Rocky Mountain Power and DwellTek to install solar panels at three different locations around the ski area. Been too busy skiing to notice the new panels? You can find them soaking up the sun at the Collins ski patrol building, the cat shop and the Buckhorn.
The installs were done one-by-one, with the final install (cat shop) not going online until Dec. 17. With that in mind, these stats aren't exactly mind blowing, but we wanted to give you an update on how the system was producing.
From day one install to Dec. 31, the entire system has produced 1.4 megawatt hours which is equivalent to:
- Powering a race car to do 62.5 laps at the Monaco Grand Prix
- Charging the average smartphone for 43.7 years
- Powering a CFL lightbulb for 12.4 years
- Powering a refrigerator for 10 months
- Equivalent to 469,790 AA batteries
- Lighting the Eiffel Tower for 7 hours
- Offsetting the same amount of CO2 as planting 25 trees
With the whole system currently firing on all cylinders, we're looking forward to seeing greater month-to-month production and reporting back to you with updated facts and figures.