Our winter operations will continue to follow the latest COVID-19 guidelines specified by the State of Utah. Face coverings are no required indoors at Alta Ski Area. Skiers should be aware that a potential risk of visiting the ski area may include exposure to COVID-19 and becoming infected. While our operational changes and COVID-19 protocols may reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus, we also need your help, patience and cooperation.
What Can you do to help?
- Know before you go. We will be managing daily mountain capacity based upon weather, snowpack, available terrain and the capacity of our indoor facilities through available parking on a first-come, first-served basis during weekdays (excluding holiday periods). Parking Reservations will be required for all skiers on weekends & holidays from 8am-1pm. If you have the flexibility, we encourage you to consider skiing mid-week.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Physical distancing encouraged. This includes ticket windows, retail spaces and restaurants.
- Minimize time indoors. Physical distancing reduces the capacity of our indoor facilities. Please be conscious of others' needs to use indoor spaces and minimize the time you spend indoors, particularly in our food and beverage facilities.
- Be patient. Be courteous. We're all in this together.
What are we doing?
- Creating Space. Physical barriers and signage will be used to allow physical distancing.
- Riding the Lifts:
- Return to full capacity. In an effort to keep Alta skiers skiing, rather than waiting in lift lines, we will be loading our lifts at full capacity this winter.
- Singles lines have returned, with the intent that singles join other riders rather than riding solo on the chair.
- Cleaning and Sanitization. Cleaning and sanitization strategies will be enhanced in cooperation with CDC, State of Utah and SLCHD guidelines. Hand sanitizer will be readily available for skiers and employees.
- Vaccinations are required for Alta employees living in shared employee housing. We will comply with SLCHD regulations and orders in regards to tracking positive cases, contact tracing, isolation and quarantine of ski area employees.
Restaurant offerings and level of service may be impacted by staffing levels. Indoor seating will be available to paying guests only. Our base area and on-mountain facilities will return to full occupancy.
Menus have been simplified and food will be prepared in advance where possible. Alta has expanded grab-and-go food and beverage options at multiple locations. Baldy Brews and Cecret Coffee will be open for take-out and grab-and-go only. Slopeside Joe's at the Goldminer's Daughter Lodge and Alta Java will also offer grab-and-go options with outdoor seating.
Ski School is back in session. The Alf Engen Ski School will offer a full suite of lesson options for all ranges and abilities.
Alta Ski Shop will follow all state and local protocols to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Town of Alta
For more information, visit the websites of each lodge or local business.
- Goldminers' Daughter Lodge (GMD) is currently requiring all of our employees to have proof of vaccination or submit to weekly testing and requiring all employees to wear masks while working. Guests are encouraged to be vaccinated for their safety, but are not requiring any type of proof of vaccination. All non-vaccinated guests must wear masks in public areas and encouraging vaccinated guests to wear masks in public areas.
- Alta Lodge guests (except children under age 5) will be fully vaccinated or have a negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours before arrival.
- Alta Rustler Lodge is requiring all guests aged 12 and over, as well as employees, to have full proof of vaccination before entering the lodge.
- Alta Peruvian Lodge is requiring that all employees be fully vaccinated and is encouraging guests to use this information to determine the amount of risk they are willing to take on an individual basis.
- Alta Children's Center is open daily for the 2021-22 season.
- Shallow Shaft Restaurant will be closed for the 2021-22 season.
- Snowpine Lodge recommends that guests & employees be fully vaccinated, but do not currently require vaccinations.