Leave the car at home and ride the bus to Alta.
Alta is keeping you safe by socially distancing skiers in lines, parking, restaurants and common areas. We are also encouraging people to avoid carpooling with skiers outside of your household and to take advantage of the Utah Transit Authority (UTA) Ski Bus. Skiers with qualifying Alta season passes, Ikon Passes or an Ikon Base Pass can ride the UTA Ski Bus for free!.
UTA’s top priority is the safety of skiers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
UTA is ensuring your safety on the Ski Bus through the following efforts
- Daily sanitizing/cleaning
- Limiting passenger loads on buses (watch for bus is full signs)
- Driver barriers
- Masks required at all times
- Hand sanitizer dispensers
- Contactless fare payment
- Socially distanced lines at key stops
UTA can’t do this alone, so please follow these simple safety guidelines
- Stay six feet apart in social distance lines or on the bus
- Wear your mask at all times
- Keep skis with you instead of ski racks
- Use hand sanitizer
"We expect greater delays on the ski bus due to these safety measures and canyon traffic. However, we will be monitoring ridership daily and working with the ski resorts to get riders to and from the resorts as effectively as possible."
- Utah Transit Authority
We suggest you take advantage of our recommended low peak days, times, routes and parking below to minimize those delays.
Best Days of the Week to avoid crowds:
Best Times of Day to avoid crowds:
Best Routes & Parking:
- Route 953 – Midvale to Alta
- Midvale Ft Union Station, 7250 South 180 West
- 950 E 6600 S
- 6200 S. Wasatch Blvd
- Route 994 - Sandy to Alta
- Historic Sandy Station, 9000 South 165 East
- 9400 South Highland Drive
We also recommend you download the Transit App to plan your trip, check bus crowds or get alerts on canyon closures, accidents or avalanches.
Thanks for supporting the UTA Ski Bus this season.