Winter Seasonal opportunities run from mid-November through April.
Information Host - Summer
Alta Ski Area is looking for Information Hosts to fill part-time and full-time positions on our summer seasonal team. The Information Host helps provide critical information to visitors at the entrance to the central Wasatch’s iconic Albion Basin.
Alta Ski Area, in partnership with the Forest Service, Salt Lake City Watershed and the Town of Alta plays a critical role in helping maintain Albion Basin as a sustainable summer recreation area and watershed. Information Hosts are responsible for collecting amenity fees, promoting watershed awareness and facilitating a positive experience for guests into the Albion Basin.
Summer Information Hosts are stationed outdoors at the entrance to the summer road and at the base of the Albion parking area. Information Hosts are responsible for interacting with visitors to provide information ensuring that guests entering the Albion Basin have a positive experience with minimal impact to the environment. Positions available starting July 1 through mid-September.
Job Duties Include
- Communicating clearly with visitors
- Cashiering responsibilities
- Counting visitors
- Cleaning locker room/bathroom
- Walking short to medium distances
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work outdoors in varied weather conditions (heat, cold, rain, snow)
- 18+ years of age
- Ability to work independently and with co-workers
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Experience working outdoors
- Knowledge of Albion Basin
- Knowledge of SLC Watershed
- Cashiering experience
- Flexible with schedule
- Holiday availability
On-site housing is not available
Apply Online or contact Matt at email@example.com or call 801-799-2287
Alta Environmental Center
Position: 2019 Summer Stewardship Internship - Closes April 21, 2019
This is a temporary seasonal full-time position (40 hours/week), working some weekdays and most weekends. Much of the work will be outdoors in varying weather conditions for extended hours. This position anticipates the work load to be about 20% general maintenance, 20% public outreach, and 60% conservation field work. Click here to see full position description.
Position: Summer GIS Internship - Closes May 1, 2019
This is a great opportunity to learn GIS skills and systems under direct leadership. Alta Ski Area provides a fantastic work environment and is looking for a hard-working individual who is productive and completes tasks efficiently. This temporary part-time summer position entails working with a variety of departments and receiving first hand and hands-on opportunities to learn about Alta’s sensitive alpine ecosystem, sustainability efforts, and general operations. Click here to see full position description.
Position: Outreach & Communications Coordinator - Closes April 30, 2019
If you have a passion for the mountains, skiing and sustainability then this is the job for you. Working within the Alta Environmental Center (AEC) of Alta Ski Area you will work with the Director and assist in the many internal and community sustainability projects and events at Alta. This entry-level position seeks a friendly and outgoing creative person that is seeking to build their strengths, broaden skill sets, and has a passion for sustainability.
The position will require many skill sets from writing and public engagement to working outside and tabling events. We anticipate the position will require about 50% office work, 30% public engagement and events, and 20% project cooperation with other departments. This is a part-time year-round position.
Outreach & Communications Coordinator Details
- Update and create content for both print and web including the AEC website, blog, brochures, newsletter, e-news, social media, posters and signs
- Assist with the communications and organization of the Green Team
- Monitor the AEC’s event participation, social media/online presence, and respond to email and social media inquiries
- Serve as point of contact for sustainability events and questions
- Coordinate meetings, events, and presentations internally and with partners
- Assist with sustainability projects as needed (recycling, planting, preferred carpool parking, etc.)
- Oversee and assist with the registration and guidance of events and tours
- Work with the marketing/PR team to recommend techniques to improve the company’s sustainability representation and assist with the implementation of campaigns
- Attend to AEC promotional materials to ensure they meet the company’s brand identity both internally and externally
- Associate or Bachelor Degree in environmental or sustainability studies, communications, public relations, or equivalent OR minimum 2-years work experience in a relative position
- A passion for sustainability and/or environmental conservation AND the ski industry
- Applicant must be self-disciplined, self-motivating, work hard, and maintain a pleasant attitude
- Highly organized with an attention to detail
- Strong writing and speaking skills in a private and public setting
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to be outgoing, friendly, and approachable
- Excellent communication skills and a good listener
- The ability to be flexible and assist with odd jobs or other departmental sustainability projects
- Intermediate or higher ski ability
- Must be 21 years or older / Valid Driver’s License
- Employment is conditional upon a background and physical screening
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Skilled in using Microsoft Word and Publisher
- Adobe suite design experience (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, In-design)
- Proficiency working with Excel and data input experience
- Prior work experience in customer service and/or public relations
- Website design or editing experience
- Organizing and guiding meetings and agendas
Wage & Hours: The starting wage for this position is $12.50/hour, 20-30 hours/week year-round, working most weekends, some weekdays, and some evenings. A set schedule will primarily be in place, but some weeks may vary due to events or other needs.
How to Apply: Application must be received by April 30, 2019 for consideration and must include:
- Completed online Alta Employee Application Form
- The remaining items of your application must be electronic and sent in one email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject reading “Outreach and Communications Coordinator”:
- Cover letter and resume
- Three references (minimum 2 professional and only one may be a character reference)
- A short writing sample (one to two pages or a link to an online article)
- Three graphic design samples (ex: flyer/poster, social media images, website link, etc.)
We are currently looking for a mechanic to work in our vehicle maintenance department. This position helps in servicing and repairing of pickup trucks, heavy equipment, snow cats, snowmobiles and other types of equipment associated with the ski area operations. This is a full-time, year-round position. You must have your own tools. Understanding of 12 and 24 volt vehicle electrical systems is recommended. Diesel engine and hydraulic experience is also desired.
Lift Ticket Attendant
Skier Services is looking for friendly and helpful team members to work at our lift base areas. This position enables you to interact with our skiers and gives you the opportunity to have ski breaks throughout the workday.
Shifts average 6.5 to 7 hours per day.
Job duties include:
- Monitoring tickets at the RFID gates
- Helping skiers with ticket issues
- Directing skiers to our ticket office areas.
- This is an outdoor position where employees need to be standing at the RFID lift gates.
- Candidates must be capable of skiing in varied snow conditions to get to your assigned work location.
Employee housing is not available.
Candidates should expect to work thru the end of April.
Albion Grill - Summer
The Albion Grill is now hiring for the 2019 summer season. Employment begins late June and ends early September. We are hiring a full/part-time line cook and weekend cashier.
Albion Grill is located in the beautiful Albion Basin next to the Sunnyside Lift and Albion Meadows Trailhead. We offer responsibly sourced meats from Wasatch Meats and make all baked goods in-house. We also have an Alta retail store and sell lift tickets for the summer operated Sunnyside Lift.
Line Cook - This position consists of taking orders, cooking quality food and using great customer service skills. This job will be 24-36 per week. Experience preferred but not necessary.
Weekend Cashier - We are looking for someone with excellent inter-personal and cashiering skills that can multi-task in a busy atmosphere checking out grill customers and selling lift tickets. This job will be 15-20 hours per week. Experience preferred but not necessary.
The Lift Department is looking for a Ski Lift Mechanic. Responsibilities include troubleshooting and repairing electrical and mechanical equipment associated with ski lifts. Must be able to think critically and solve problems quickly. He/She will also be responsible for the preventive maintenance of fixed grip and detachable ski lifts. Must be comfortable working at heights and skiing expert terrain.
This is a year-round full-time position.
5 years experience is optimal but all levels of experience considered. Welding/Fabrication skills a plus.
Benefits include complimentary skiing, family ski discounts, health and life insurance, paid leave and discounts at ski area facilities.
Ski Adventure Center Coordinator 2019-20 Season
The Alf Engen Ski School is now hiring enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join our dedicated team in a non-teaching role. The opening is for a full-time position working Monday-Friday and holidays. Ski Adventure Center Coordinators are support personnel who perform a variety of duties that assure the smooth operation of the children’s Ski Adventure Programs. Alta's authentic feel plus the unique combination of a dream destination resort and an expert locals' ski area, create an inspiring and rewarding environment for employment and personal skiing. We endeavor to create excellent value and to cultivate long term relationships with our skiers. Alta's pure mountain experience and amazing snow quality inspire a friendly and welcoming attitude on a hardcore skier's mountain.
Coordinator qualifications include:
- Must have a high comfort level and experience working with young children
- Excellent interpersonal communication and enthusiastic customer service
- Background screening required
- Minimum commitment from December 1 to mid-April
- Must be 18 or older and have the legal ability to work in the USA
Individuals employed in this role will assist young children in our indoor facility, before, during and after lesson times. They will also help with registration, organize and serve lunch.
At this time the Alta Ski Area does not have company housing available for those employed as Adventure Center Coordinators.
Alta Children's Center
The Alta Children's Center is hiring child care providers for Saturdays and Sundays for the remainder of the 2018-2019 ski season.
Please contact email@example.com for information on how to apply. Or call 801-742-3042.
Alf's Restaurant is a mid-mountain cafeteria-style restaurant & day lodge located at the base of the Sugarloaf lift and the new Supreme lift. Alf's offers employment, housing and ski benefits.
Alf's Restaurant will begin hiring for the upcoming ski season in late September. Employment begins in late November and continues through the middle to end of April. We will have positions available for full-time live in and part-time live out cafeteria help. Full-time employees are required to live on the mountain.
Full-time live in
The full-time live in positions are great for people who want to ski every day this winter. These jobs are 5 days per week and the hours vary, but there is ski time every day. The housing is dorm style and is located near the base of the Sugarloaf and Supreme lifts halfway up the mountain. The lift is less than 50 yards from the door! Call or email for more details on the work schedule or housing.
Part-time live out
The part-time position is 14 hours per week. These positions are 2 days a week. The hours are 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. The work includes, but is not limited to food prep, deli work, bussing tables, snow removal, etc. Ski privileges are included. Housing is not available for these positions.
Please submit an application and we will review it when we begin the hiring process.