Last revised on November 6, 2018
Your privacy is important to us. Please read below to learn how we at Alta Ski Lifts Company ("Alta") collect, use, and secure your personal information. By using Alta’s website (“Site”), you agree to the terms of this Privacy Statement and you expressly consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data as described herein.
Information Collected From You
We collect information from you, including information that directly or indirectly identifies you ("Personal Data") to provide you with the services and products we provide. For example:
- When you place an order for tickets, services or other products, we request certain Personal Data from you on our order form. In some cases, you must provide:
- Contact information such as first and last name, email address, phone number and billing address
- Physical characteristics such as gender, height and photo
- Financial information such as credit card number, expiration date and security code for billing purposes and to complete a transaction.
- Location information such as which point of entry (“gate”) your pass was read at.
- If you create an online account, you must provide contact information and a password. We retain information on your behalf, such as files that you store using our Site.
In addition to information we collect to complete a purchase, when you use our Site, we automatically collect information which helps us improve our Site. For example, we may collect the type of device you use, operating system version, the device identifier (or "UDID") and your location. We do not link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you.
How We Use the Information You give Us
Alta handles personal information in the normal course and scope of business. Alta has a legitimate business interest in handling the information. How we use the information may include:
- Providing services through our website
- Providing services at Alta
- Requesting feedback
- Marketing to guest and prospective guests
- Providing services beyond Alta
- Detecting and preventing fraud, abuse, and other harmful activity
- Otherwise enhancing a quality skiing experience in the normal course of business
How Your Information is Protected
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Data such as:
- HTTPS encryption
- Third-party payment providers
- In-house & third-party network security administration and testing
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) including Tokenization
- Password-protected accounts
- Vulnerability scans, assessments and remediation
- Penetration testing
- Boundary and malware defense
- Application software security
- Server Firewall
With Whom Your Information May Be Shared
Alta may share information with third-party service provides such as:
- Credit card authorizations providers
- Pass reciprocity entities
- Data processors
Please be aware that our site contains links to 3rd party entities including other sites, social media features and widgets that are not owned or controlled by Alta. Alta does not control and is not responsible for the privacy practices of such 3rd party entities. This Privacy Statement applies only to information collected by Alta.
Sharing Personal Data by Law
Alta may also handle this information pursuant to a legal obligation.
What Choices Are Available?
By default, opt-in checkboxes are left unchecked on alta.com, providing you with the option to opt-in for promotional communications.
If your Personal Data changes, you may request an update by contacting Alta.
If you live inside the European Economic Area, you may have the right, under certain circumstances, to request access, rectify, erase and restrict how we process your personal information. If you would like to exercise such rights, you may contact Alta or our privacy point of contact at:
Alta Ski Area
PO Box 8007
Alta Utah United States 84092
Privacy Point of Contact
PO Box 8007
Alta Utah United States 84092
Children are not eligible to make purchases on our Site and we ask that anyone under the age of 18 not submit any Personal Data to us. Alta does not knowingly collect Personal Data from anyone under the age of 18 on our site.
Changes to our privacy statement
We keep this privacy statement under regular review and will place any updates on our website. Paper copies of this privacy statement may also be obtained by contacting our Corporate Controller at the contact information above and requesting a paper copy.
We provide you the opportunity to opt-out of having your Personal Data used for certain purposes. If you no longer wish to receive promotional communications from us, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included at the bottom of each communication or by contacting us. You cannot opt-out of receiving transactional emails.