31 Days | 31 Flowers. Explore Cottonwood Canyons Wildflowers Like Never Before.
Cottonwood Canyons Foundation is excited to invite you to join us for the annual Wasatch Wildflower Festival. Every July thousands have attended this four-day event held at the ski resorts in Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons. This year we are kicking it up several notches and offering 31 days of family-friendly festivities. And yet, we will likely not see one of you. This year’s individualized “virtual” Wasatch Wildflower Festival allows for social distancing and dispersed recreation, which are necessary for the circumstances we are experiencing with COVID-19.
Your participation in the Wasatch Wildflower Festival 2020 will help the Cottonwood Canyon Foundation continue to fund our environmental education programs.
Each year we raise much of our funding for education programs during the spring and summer months. Please come have fun with us (ever so virtually), and help us replace some of the revenue needed for our K-12 field trips and public education programs.
There are two options to upgrade from the free event, making the experience: a full month of exciting video content, “Ask a Naturalist” weekly virtual presentations, kids craft projects and four weekly virtual classes with resort chefs and the locally famous Wildflowers of the Cottonwood Canyons guidebook
Free: Wasatch Wildflower Festival
- Self-guided maps for wildflower walks from all four resorts Cottonwood Canyon Resorts
- Wildflower Wednesdays (5) - July 1, 8, 18, 22, 29
- Weekly video on a specific flower, with fun facts, pictures and places to find them. Afterward, take a photo, post your pic on Instagram and/or Facebook and tag with #WASATCHWILDFLOWERFESTIVAL. Your photos will be entered to win a weekly prize.
$25: Wildflower Wanderer
- Copy of the Wildflowers of the Cottonwood Canyons guidebook
- Bamboo pen for journaling in the guidebook
- Exclusive access to daily wildflower video releases - all 31 of those budding beauties
- Weekly “Ask a Naturalist” Zoom Events meeting
- Kids coloring sheets for download
- Wildflower Bingo! Post your bingo card and flower picture on Instagram and/or Facebook and tag #WASATCHWILDFLOWERFESTIVAL. You will automatically be entered into a weekly drawing for awesome prizes.
$50: The Full Flower
- Includes everything above, plus
- For the kiddos, five additional craft projects
- PLUS a weekly link, on Wildflower Wednesdays, to a virtual cooking class with a local chef thanks to our ski resort partners.
Cottonwood Canyons Foundation, Alta Community Enrichment (ACE), Brighton, Solitude, Alta, Snowbird and the US Forest Service (Salt Lake Ranger District), welcome to another beautiful year of the Wasatch Wildflower Festival.