Learn the skills to have fun skiing the Green Easier slopes at Alta with control and confidence.
Maximum of 7 skiers per group. We do not accept reservations for Adult Class Lessons.
Please arrive at the Albion Base at 1:20 PM to meet your instructor and your new skiing friends joining you for the lesson.
Choose Your Skill Level:
Skill Class 1
- Have fun learning how to glide, change direction and use surface tows and a conveyor lift.
- Lift use is complimentary during Skill Class 1.
- The average adult takes one or two Skill Class 1 sessions before moving on to Skill Class 2.
Skill Class 2
- Develop your control and confidence with turns for speed control and maneuverability. Ride a chairlift! Lift use is complimentary during Skill Class 2.
- The average adult takes one or two Skill Class 2 sessions before moving on to Skill Class 3.
Skill Class 3
- Take your turning skills up the mountain to access the Green Runs in the beautiful Albion Basin. This phase of learning to ski can be incredibly exciting as you relax, experience the sensations of rhythm and move about much more freely on your skis. Careful, after Skill Class 3 you will identify yourself as an Alta skier!
- Purchase or possession of a Beginner Area Lift Ticket is required for Skill Class 3.
- The average adult takes two or three Skill Class 3 sessions before moving on to Intermediate Skiing in Skill Zone 4.
Skill Class 4
- Leave the wedge turn behind and practice parallel turning while building the skills and confidence to enjoy skiing some Blue More Difficult slopes.
- Purchase or possession of an Alta All Area Lift Ticket is required for Skill Class 4.
- The average adult takes two to four Skill Class 4 Lessons plus independent practice before moving into Skill Zone 5.
BEGINNER & NOVICE PRIVATE LESSONS
Feel like you might be able to move along faster than most beginning skiers due to prior athletic experience? Or feel like you might want an easier going personal approach? Beginner and Novice Private Lessons are catered and paced to your capabilities, physical fitness and confidence level.