Summer at Alta is all about slowing down and taking in the beauty of the mountains. While summer amenities are very limited, there are still a few great food options open in the summer—ranging from the Gulch Pub at Snowpine Lodge to brunch at the Alta Lodge to a camp store conveniently located at the Cecret Lake trailhead.
Hours of these establishments vary and it is always a good idea to come prepared with plenty of food and water when venturing into Little Cottonwood Canyon.
Alta Ski Area Summer Food & Drink
Alta Camp Store at the Cecret Lake Trailhead | Closed for the season
Alta Camp Store is now closed for the season. Thanks for a great summer!
- Ice cream and other frozen treats
- Grab-and-go snacks
- Cold and hot drinks
- Hiking essentials: maps and wildflower books
- Camping supplies: firewood and bug spray
Alta Eats food trailer | Closed for the season
Alta Eats is now closed for the season. Thanks for a great summer!
- Breakfast—sandwiches, potatoes and yogurt
- Lunch—street tacos, nachos, burgers, sandwiches & wraps
- Kids—burgers, PB&Js & Grilled Cheese
- Treats—ice cream, cookies, baked goods & grab-and-go snacks
- Drinks—coffee or tea, water. kombucha & juice
- Alta-branded retail items
Town of Alta
The Gulch Pub at Snowpine Lodge | Monday-Thursday 2-9pm | Friday-Sunday Noon-9pm
The Gulch Pub at the Snowpine Lodge is now open seven days a week. Enjoy a spot on the patio or order food to go. With a unique menu, comfortable atmosphere, and a wide variety of beer, wines, and cocktails, it’s the perfect place to unwind after a summer day in the mountains. The Gulch Pub hosts live music every Wednesday evening from 6-8pm.
Swen's at Snowpine Lodge | Breakfast 7-10am Daily | Dinner Thursday-Sunday 5-9pm
The newly renovated Snowpine Lodge is open all summer long, serving breakfast from 7-10am daily. Swen's Restaurant will also be serving dinner from 5-9pm (closed Monday-Wednesday). Enjoy the beauty of Alta while enjoying some of the best dining in Little Cottonwood Canyon.
Snowpine's Weekly Events
- Live Music at The Gulch: Wednesday & Thursdays | 6-8pm
- Saturday & Sunday Breakfast Buffet | 7-11am
Alta Lodge Sunday Brunch | 9:30am-2pm | June 6th–October 3rd
Don't miss Sunday brunch at Alta Lodge. The Alta Lodge brunch is a great excuse to spend a summer morning in the mountains. Enjoy the best summer patio dining experience at Alta. Curbside delivery will also be available.
- Reservations recommended
- Indoor and outdoor seating—fresh air and mountain views
- Sunday Brunch features over 40 buffet selections including traditional breakfast fare, house-baked goods, fresh salads, savory entrees, desserts, and cooked-to-order specials
- Alcohol service is available starting at 10:30am
- Live acoustic jazz
A little further down Little Cottonwood Canyon, Snowbird has a variety of food and drink options. From grab-and-go items at General Gritts to a great brunch at The Atrium or even a swanky diner experience at SeventyOne, Snowbird has plenty of food and drink spots.