the grand season finale is here.
closing day is sunday, April 23rd, 2023.
It's been a wild ride to this point and we are excited to send the season out in style.
- Parking reservations are required 8am–4:30pm on Closing Day
- Wasatch Benefit days are not valid on Closing Weekend
- The UTA Ski Bus is now done for the season and will not run on Sunday, April 23rd—please plan accordingly
- No parking in Alta lots before 8am, even on Closing Day
You may wonder with all this snow, why don’t we extend our season? Most of our employees are seasonal employees and we need to honor our commitment to them so they can leave for their summer employment. And as the temps rise in the valley, many skiers embrace other sports such as mountain biking, hiking and golf. Backcountry skiers will have the opportunity to keep skiing at Alta after our crews have cleared the mountain of ropelines, bamboo and all other operational materials. We will still offer skiing, but our lifts will go on summer vacation with the rest of you.
Lifts & Hours:
- Wildcat: 9:15am–3pm
- Collins: 9:15am–4:30pm | Collins Angle: 11am–3pm
- Sunnyside: 9:15am–4:30pm
- Sugarloaf: 9:15am–4pm
- Transfer Tow: 8am–5pm
Ten Tips for Enjoying Closing Day
- Parking reservations will be required from 8am–4:30pm on Sunday, April 23rd.
- Closing Day attracts attention from local law enforcement—make good choices.
- Wasatch Benefit days are not valid on Closing Weekend.
- Please be considerate of other skiers while loading and unloading the lifts and while skiing.
- Open containers are not allowed on the lifts. If you choose to drink alcohol, please do so responsibly.
- Tailgating is permitted in Alta lots, but please be respectful of your car neighbors. Grills and hibachis are not allowed directly on the asphalt.
- As always, don't trash Alta. Make sure your food packaging and beverage containers end up in the trash or recycle bins.
- Keep the costumes gate-friendly, family-friendly and safe for skiing. Also, don't forget your pass.
- Please ski responsibly and be nice. It's been a great season, let's send it out on a positive note.
- Have fun! And wear sunscreen.