Bye, bye summer.
For the first time in Alta’s 80 year history, lift-served hiking is now a thing. Enjoy live music, locally sourced food, espresso, craft beer and lots of lots of wildflowers this summer season at Alta.
Hiking/Accessing the Albion Basin
NOTE: Due to a repair project of the Cecret Lake Dam, the Cecret Lake trailhead and trail is closed. The project started 9/17/2018 and will last 30 days. For more information, visit the Town of Alta.
Alta is spearheading a summer pilot program in conjunction with the Town of Alta and the Forest Service in an effort to better manage this alpine environment.
Things You Need to Know During Alta’s Summer Season
- Summer dates start June 30th and run through September 3rd, 2018.
- Lift-served hiking is available via the Sunnyside Lift* weekends/holidays from 9-6. $10 per adult, $5 per child (12 & under). Please purchase your tickets inside the Albion Grill. *Please know that the lift can close at any time due to weather.
- Knowledgeable mountain hosts will be available to answer questions at the top and bottom of the Sunnyside Lift while the lift is running.
- Limited parking is available in the Albion Basin in designated spots only. There is a $6 daily amenity fee per vehicle.
Anyone is welcome to hike into the Albion Basin at no charge from the Albion parking lot at any time.
- Parking is restricted to designated spots and hikers are encouraged to use designated hiking trails.
- The Albion Grill will be open 7 days a week. 8-7 on holidays/weekends and 11-7 on weekdays. Live music every Saturday from 3-6.
- Ski season passes are available for purchase/pick-up daily at Albion Grill OR Monday-Thursday from 7:30-4:30 at the Skier Services Building at the Wildcat Base.
Alta Mountain Music
A locale with views for days, outside on the patio every Saturday from 3-6. Enjoy an eclectic mix of live music from Blues, Reggae, Bluegrass, Folk and Funk at Albion Grill.
Local Eats and Drinks
Local and organic offerings will be available seven days a week at the Albion Grill in addition to craft beer and classic comfort foods to satisfy any hikers' needs. Espresso and other bites will be served on holidays and the weekends at Alta Java.
Alta’s Stewardship Programs
All summer long, there’s a lot to love and myriad ways to give back by volunteering for a few hours with Alta's Environmental Center stewardship programs.
From yoga classes to live music to volunteer opportunities, there is no shortage of ways to stay cool and get involved in the mountains this summer.