You may be mentally shifting gears to summer activities and adventures, but don't procrastinate
Skiers speak about Alta with reverence. The 2,614-acre ski area is a must-visit resort that boasts an average snowfall of 547 inches of dry powder—the best snow on the planet. It offers 2,538 vertical feet of challenging runs for experts, but surprisingly, nearly half of its 116 named trails are on intermediate and beginner terrain. Alta, located just a few miles from Salt Lake City, rarely seems crowded, despite being one of America’s most accessible ski resorts.
While many skiers begin thinking about the upcoming ski season in October, the best deals for an Alta Season Passes are found in the spring and summer. You’ll find the lowest prices for both individual and family season passes at Alta.com, with plenty of options to shop and compare.
Qualifying Alta Season Passes provide some amazing Benefits
- No Blackout Dates—ski every day, all season long with your Alta Season Pass—your direct-to-lift key to the Alta castle, No need to consult your calendar or set reminders on your phone. Show up at Alta and start skiing.
- Peace-of-Mind purchasing means that Alta will provide a full refund, no questions asked, for unused 2021-22 Season Passes until December 1st, 2021. Refunds will be compensated at the dollar amount paid for your pass.
- New for the 2021-22 season, qualifying Alta season passholders will be able to purchase 25%-off lift tickets for family and friends. Present your Alta season pass at any ticket window to receive this day-of discount.
- New for the 2021-22 season, qualifying Alta season passholders will have the opportunity to purchase an Ikon Base Pass for just $269. As an Alta season passholder, you can now add skiing at 40 other Ikon destinations for a special discounted rate.
- Ikon Base Pass add-on does not include days at Alta-Bird, Aspen Snowmass or Jackson Hole
- Ikon Base add-on cannot be upgraded to an Ikon or Ikon Base Plus Pass.
- Blackout dates for the Ikon Base Pass are December 26, 2021 - Jan 2, 2022; January 15-16; February 19-20.
- Season passes also include UTA Benefit, a continued partnership with the Utah Transit Authority (UTA) and our Preferred Carpool Parking program.
Qualifying passes come with the Wasatch Benefit as well as reciprocity skiing at a number of other ski areas. The Wasatch Benefit includes one free day at Snowbird, Brighton, and Deer Valley. Wasatch Benefit is not valid on weekends or holidays, blackout dates are Saturdays & Sundays along with December 25, 2021 - January 2, 2022; January 15 - 17; February 19 - 21.
Qualifying Alta season passes also qualify for Mountain Collective reciprocity. This benefit allows Alta season pass holders to ski fellow Mountain Collective resorts at half price.
Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Wyoming
Grand Targhee Resort, Wyoming
Arapahoe Basin, Colorado
Aspen Snowmass, Colorado
Big Sky Resort, Montana
Taos Ski Valley, New Mexico
Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows, California
Mammoth Mountain, California
Revelstoke Mountain Resort, British Columbia
Sun Peaks Resort, British Columbia
Panorama Mountain Resort, British Columbia
Banff Sunshine, Alberta
Lake Louise, Alberta
Niseko United, Japan
Valle Nevado, Chile
Coronet Peak + The Remarkables, New Zealand
Thredbo Alpine Village, Australia
Mt Buller, Australia
An Adult Unlimited season pass with no blackout dates is just $1,249. The Family Package with unlimited skiing for a family of four is $2,699. The Family Package, which includes two adult passes and two child passes (ages 7-17) and free passes for children 6 & under, is the best deal for a family of skiers. Additional children (ages 7-17) can be added to the family pass for just $200.
Great pass deals are available for children and teens.
There are plenty of great season pass options for various age groups and professions.
The Age 65-79, is one the most unique and best selling-pass products on the market. For just $949, you can enjoy all of Alta's 2,614 acres every day of the season—plus three additional day passes through the Wasatch Benefit, 50% off day passes at participating resorts with the Reciprocity Benefit and free use of public transit with the UTA Benefit.
At $829, the Age 18-25 pass is a great deal for young adults and college students.
The Military pass is also $829 for those in active duty. Both of these passes include the free Wasatch Benefit, Reciprocity Benefit and free public transportation via the UTA Benefit.
Alta's MidWeek season pass is perfect for the skier with a flexible schedule, who can take advantage of the less busy midweek ski days. Alta reduced the Midweek season pass to $829 for the 2020-21 season in order to reward skiers that can ski Monday-Friday.
Alta Ski Area and Snowbird have teamed up to offer the Alta-Bird Season Pass, allowing you to ski both resorts all season long. With great early season riding at Alta and Snowbird's extended spring (and summer) skiing, that's almost 180 days and 5,114 acres of the Greatest Snow on Earth and the Longest Season in Utah. Alta-Bird passes are $1,649.
If you don’t have time to ski every day with the unlimited pass or you like to ski on the spur of the moment, then take a look at Alta’s Pay-As-You-Ski Card. The program, tied to your credit or debit card, lets you skip the ticket office and ski when you want for 50 percent off the regular window rate. The Gold Card is $169.
The Sunnyside At 3 Four-Pack is perfect for the beginner skier. At just $59, adults and children can ski the Sunnyside lift after 3pm four times throughout the season. The Sunnyside At 3 Four-Pack is direct-to-lift - no need to stop at the ticket window.
Those skiers familiar with the Sunnyside At 3 Program may consider purchasing an Alta Gold Card. This pay-as-you-ski card is only $169 and provides 50% off daily lift tickets and unlimited skiing in Alta's Sunnyside At 3 program.
You can also buy prepaid cards. The Alta Powder Card is just $790, offering ten ski days for just $79 per day. It’s transferable between skiers, but can be used only once per day. Unused days will roll over towards next season, or you can reload it with ten more ski days at the pre-season rate. The Powder Card goes off sale on November 1st.
The 10-Day Card is a cheaper option at $649, ideal for visitors or occasional skiers. The transferable card, offering ten days of Alta skiing for less than $65 per day, can also be reloaded for an extra ten days.
- This pass can only be used once per day, and unused days do not rollover.