As a resource, we are your source
In support of this objective we publish a monthly newsletter, maintain a sustainability and stewardship calendar and introduce our affiliates. Don't forget about one of our major resources in partnership with Friends of Alta, the Research and Environmental Education Database. We encourage all who are curious and inquisitive to peruse and share information.
Stewardship & Sustainability Events
Connect to our Utah Sustainability Events Google Calendar. This color-coded calendar is comprised of Utah Educational Events (orange), Utah Stewardship Events (pink), TreeUtah Stewardship Events (blue), and all Alta Stewardship and Educational Events (green). If you would like us to include your event in our Google calendar or bring a new event to Alta, please contact us.
Major Annual Events 2017-2018
|Summer 2019||Winter 2019-20|
|Alta Restoration Day - TBD||Snowshoe with a Naturalist - monthly|
|Ski Area Clean Up - TBD||Birding on Skis - monthly|
|Alta Ski Area Tree Planting - Sep 7||Alta Earth Day - April 20, 2020|
Monthly Alta Volunteer Days - TBD
|Tour With a Ranger - Every Weekend Starting Jan 5th|
|Skiing & Birds - TBD|
If you are interested in sharing our events with your community to create more attendance and buzz, please feel free to download, print and post any of our event flyers.
2019 Alta Earth Day Poster - Coming Soon!
2019 Skiing & Birds - TBD
2019 Town of Alta Restoration Day - TBD
2019 Summer Monthly Birding - TBD
2019 Alta Kid's Day - TBD
Affiliates in Sustainability
Building a community
Over the years we have established many successful community partnerships. These collaborations help the Alta Environmental Center prosper and their participation is vital in order for us to continue to help the community of Alta, our region and the ski industry strive toward sustainability. We will continue to support, develop and deepen these partnerships to increase opportunities for ecological research, education and to promote sustainable practices through stewardship.
We are proud to work with these non-profits, state and federal entities. Without their support and willingness we would not have made the progress we have today. Thank you to all our great partners!
Hot off the press
We are pleased to announce our latest achievements and accolades with the greater public and we thank the media for sharing our story. Please Read More to reveal the list of our press releases. To review all Alta Ski Area announcements, please visit our Media page
Highlighted Press Releases
- February 2018 - Charge Your Electric Vehicle at Alta and Ski
- February 2016 - Carpool Parking Test
- February 2016 - Skiing & Birds
- May 2015 - NSAA Sustainable Slopes Grant Awardees
- November 2014 - Skiing & Trees
- December 2012 - Snowpine Partners with the National Forest Foundation
- November 2013 - Alta Plants over 4000 Trees
- September 2013 - Alta Hosts Annual Environmental Education Conference
- March 2013 - Alta Achieves LEED Silver Certification
- April 2013 - Alta Builds Sustainability
- January 2012 - SKE-COLOGY & Project Learning Tree Pair Up
- May 2010 - Alta Receives NSAA Sustainable Slopes Grant
- January 2010 - Idle Free Alta
- June 2009 - Alta Appoints New Sustainability Coordinator
- October 2008 - Alta Launches Environmental Center