Much like a snow report or weather conditions, it is highly recommended to check the Parking and Road status before leaving the house. Please be mindful of parking reservation requirements in Alta for this winter:
Alta parking reservations for winter 2023–24
- Parking reservations are required Friday–Sunday & holidays from 8am–1pm.
- Parking reservations start Friday, December 15th through Sunday, March 31st and Closing Weekend.
- Additional parking reservations are released Sunday at 3pm for the following Friday–Sunday.
- Parking and ski area facilities open at 8am.
- 6am early parking reservations are available daily starting December 15th, 2023.
Why is Alta continuing to implement parking changes?
Overnight parking is NOT allowed in Little Cottonwood Canyon, with the exception of designated registered lodge guests and employee parking zones. If you are staying in Alta, it is not necessary to have a car. Most lodges and condominiums are slopeside or provide transportation. Avalanche and watershed restrictions prohibit overnight camping and dogs.
State law requires you to have snow tires on your vehicle or carry chains in your vehicle between November 1st and May 1st. At times the Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) may restrict travel on the canyon road, State Highway 210, to snow tires, chains, 4 wheel drive only. Dial 511 on a cell phone to get current Utah Road Conditions information.