Much like a snow report or weather conditions, it is highly recommended to check the Parking and Road status before leaving the house. Please be mindful of parking reservation requirements in Alta for this winter:
Alta parking reservations for winter 2022–23
- Parking reservations are required Friday–Sunday & holidays from 8am–1pm through closing day, April 23rd.
- Parking reservations start Friday, December 16th 2022.
- Parking and ski area facilities open at 8am.
- 6am early parking reservations are available daily.
Why is Alta continuing to implement parking changes?
- Provides Alta skiers the assurance that there will be a parking space before driving up the canyon.
- Eases early morning traffic congestion.
- Alta skiers will no longer need to arrive hours before first chair to secure a parking spot.
- Manage the ski experience by limiting the number of skiers to available terrain & lift capacity.
Learn about Parking Reservations
Overnight parking is NOT allowed in Little Cottonwood Canyon, with the exception of designated registered lodge guests and employee parking zones. If you are staying in Alta, it is not necessary to have a car. Most lodges and condominiums are slopeside or provide transportation. Avalanche and watershed restrictions prohibit overnight camping and dogs.
Little Cottonwood Canyon Road status
State law requires you to have snow tires on your vehicle or carry chains in your vehicle between November 1st and May 1st. At times the Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) may restrict travel on the canyon road, State Highway 210, to snow tires, chains, 4 wheel drive only. Dial 511 on a cell phone to get current Utah Road Conditions information.
Follow Alta Alerts on Twitter >
Follow UDOT Cottonwood Canyons on Twitter >
Little Cottonwood Canyon Traffic Map | UDOT >