As we anticipate the arrival of Alta's 86th season, we are filled with excitement and enthusiasm for the return of winter. Returning for another winter, parking reservations will be required to ski Alta this season every Friday–Sunday & Holidays. Our parking reservation system greatly improved the skiing experience—providing skiers the reassurance that they would have a place to park without having to arrive hours before first chair. We plan to build off of this momentum for the 2023–24 season.
All of the information stated on this page represents our current direction but may change in the future to better fit the needs of our skiers.
Friday–Sunday & HOLIDAY paid PARKING RESERVATIONs. Why?
- Provides Alta skiers the assurance that there will be a parking space before driving up Little Cottonwood Canyon.
- Eases early morning traffic congestion resulting from limited parking available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Alta skiers will no longer need to arrive hours before first chair to secure a parking spot Friday–Sunday and holidays.
- Ski area employees will be able to arrive on time and prepare the ski area and parking areas for you.
- Manage the ski experience by limiting the number of skiers to available terrain and lift capacity.
How will Paid Parking Reservations Work?
- Reservations required: Friday–Sunday & Holidays from 8am–1pm.
- Reservations begin Friday, December 15th, 2023.
- Reservations end Sunday, March 31st, 2024.
- Reservations will be required during our Closing Weekend.
- Holidays: December 22nd, 2023 – January 1st, January 15th & February 19th.
- All parking in the Wildcat, Flagstaff (South Side), Grizzly and Albion lots will require a reservation Friday–Sunday & holidays.
- All parking reservations are subject to availability.
- No Reservations required:
- Monday through Thursday after 8am—excluding holiday periods.
- Opening day through December 14th, 2023.
- Any day after 1pm.
- Parking will remain first-come, first-serve on 90+ days during the 2023–24 season.
- Early Morning Reservations
- Reservations are required daily if you would like to park before 8am.
- Early Morning Reservations allow dawn patrol skiers and early risers the ability to park at 6am in the South Flagstaff lot.
- $25 per reservation Friday–Sunday & holidays.
- $15 per reservation Monday–Thursday.
- With an Early Morning Reservation, you are welcome to occupy that parking spot for the day.
Parking Reservations can be purchased online.
- An advance block of parking reservations will be released for purchase in late October 2023.
- For the storm chasers, the non-planners or any skier looking for some flexibility, Alta will release parking spaces each Sunday afternoon for that immediate weekend or holiday period.
- Reservations will be available for $25 per day.
- Purchasers of lift tickets on Alta.com are eligible to book parking reservations for $10 per day.
- Qualifying Alta and Alta-Bird passholders are eligible for free parking reservations.
- Parking reservations are verified by your license plate.
- Qualifying Alta passholders will receive code(s) that can be used to book free parking reservations. Reservation codes may be reused once the active reservation date has passed.
- Cancellations and no-shows.
- More information will be available this fall regarding cancellation periods.
- The fine for parking without a reservation will be $75.
- An appeal process will be available for dealing with extenuating circumstances.