Mainly unchanged for 83 years, skiing at Alta still delivers deep snowfall, sweeping mountain views and a laid-back vibe that generations of Alta skiers fondly recall. What has changed is the weekend and holiday skiing experience at Alta. And while we can't go back in time, we are making changes to manage skier demand to preserve the Alta skiing experience going forward. Implementing a paid parking reservation system on weekends & holidays is a step in that direction.
We are currently working through all of the finer details of the parking reservation system that will be released this Fall. All of the information stated on this page represents our current direction but may change.
WEEKEND & HOLIDAY paid PARKING RESERVATIONs. Why?
- Provides Alta skiers the assurance that there will be a parking space before driving up Little Cottonwood Canyon.
- Eases early morning traffic congestion resulting from limited parking available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Alta skiers will no longer need to arrive hours before first chair to secure a parking spot on weekends and holidays.
- Ski area employees will be able to arrive on time and prepare the ski area and parking areas for you.
- Manage the ski experience by limiting the number of skiers to available terrain and lift capacity.
How will Weekend & Holiday Paid Parking by Reservation Work?
- Reservations required: Weekends & Holidays from 8am-1pm.
- Weekends: Saturdays & Sundays between December 18th - April 3rd and closing day.
- Holidays: Winter Break (December 23rd–January 2nd), MLK Weekend (January 15th–17th), Presidents' Weekend (February 19th–21st).
- Reservations will be required on approximately 40 days during the 2021-22 season.
- All parking in the Wildcat, Flagstaff (South Side), Grizzly and Albion lots will require a reservation on weekends & holidays.
- All parking reservations are subject to availability.
- No Reservations required:
- Monday through Friday (excluding holiday periods).
- Opening day (November 24th) through December 17 & April 4th–April 16th.
- Any day after 1pm—including all weekends & holidays.
- Parking will remain first-come, first-serve on 100+ days during the 2021-22 season.
- Parking Reservations can be purchased online starting in late October of 2021.
- An advance block of parking reservations will be released for purchase in late October of 2021.
- For the storm chasers, the non-planners or any skier looking for some flexibility, Alta will release parking spaces weekly (exact date TBD) for that immediate weekend or holiday period.
- Reservations will be available for $25 per day.
- Purchasers of Alta.com lift tickets are eligible to book parking reservations for $10 per day.
- Qualifying Alta and Alta-Bird passholders are eligible for free parking reservations.
- Parking reservations are verified by your license plate.
- Qualifying Alta passholders will receive code(s) that can be used to book free parking reservations. Reservation codes may be reused once the active reservation date has passed.
- Cancellations and no-shows.
- More information will be available this fall regarding cancellations periods.
- The fine for parking without a reservation will be $75.
- An appeal process will be available for dealing with extenuating circumstances.